The Church of God, is a global family, with approximately seven million members worldwide,
including our local church family here, in the beautiful Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
Our core values:
- To communicate the full Gospel of Jesus Christ in the spirit and power of Pentecost.
Our vision is to:
- See men, women, and children come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ensure spiritual development through discipleship.
- Develop a culture of prayer and an atmosphere of love and forgiveness, where the presence of the Lord is manifested, and where believers are able to become a people who worship the Lord in Spirit and in Truth.
- Equip God’s people for the work of ministry.
Declaration of Faith, we believe:
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy
Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and
raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand
of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is
commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the
blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of
Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the
initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name
of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous
dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on
the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment
for the wicked.
For Scripture references and additional resources, please visit our International Headquarters website: www.churchofgod.org and click on Beliefs/Doctrinal Commitments.